Armstrong Agencies Ltd. is seeking to recruit a suitable experienced and qualified individual to join its team as an Accounts Assistant. The general purpose of this role is to provide accounting support to the department in a professional, courteous, timely and dependable manner to ensure strict adherence to standard accounting practices.
- Processing payments and preparing cheques for suppliers.
- Posting of daily cash sheets and the completion of other documentation in the event the cashier is unable to do so.
- Posting of all supplier invoices into accounting software.
- Reconciling supplier accounts with monthly statements to ensure all payments and invoices have been accounted for and posted.
- Liaise closely with business units in the reconciliation of overseas accounts regarding debit notes.
- Oversees all inter-company transactions and prepares inter-company debit notes.
- Posting of all journal entries into accounting software.
- Oversees the billing process of freighters.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliation.
- Oversees all petty cash disbursements and documentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities of the Ideal Candidate
- Possess either the Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
Working toward a CGA, CMA or ACCA accounting designation would be an asset.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail and adhering to sensitive deadlines.
- Self starter with an ability to use ones initiative and work unsupervised.
- Outstanding organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others across the group of companies.
- Ability to fully utilize Microsoft Office apps¡Xin particular competency in the use of Excel.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a similar capacity.
How to Apply
Applications are to be received by Friday, August 31st, 2018 and addressed to:
The Group Human Resources Manager
Armstrong Agencies Limited
Lot 2, Lower Estate, St. Michael